Inter-tracker transfer transactions can be entered into your livestock tracker from the main screen of the production tracker.
An inter-tracker transfer is a movement of livestock between “like” trackers on the same farm i.e. moving MA Cows from one dairy herd to another. You must create a transfer outfirst, which will then create a transfer in. If you wish to edit the inter-tracker transfer, you would always edit the transfer out transaction.
The option to enter an inter-tracker transfer transaction can be found under Add Transaction, either as an actual, budget, or forecast.
To record an inter-tracker transfer, you'll need the following information:
- Transfer date
- Whether you are posting to Xero (actuals only)
- From stock class (from originating tracker)
- To stock class inside of a to tracker (to destination tracker)
- Weight and whether carcass or live weight (optional)
- Amount (total, per head, or per KG)
Once the details have been filled out, you can click Save Transaction. This will then flow through to your tracker and reports.
NOTE: You can only transfer stock between trackers of the same type, so you will not have the option to complete transfers at all unless you have two like trackers.