Sales can be entered into your wool tracker from the main screen of the production tracker.
The option to do this can be found under Add Transaction, either as an actual, budget, or forecast.
To record a sale, you'll need the following information:
- Sale (profit / accrual) and payment (cash) date
- Whether amounts are tax inclusive or tax exclusive
- Whether you are posting to Xero (actuals only)
- Contact for Xero (actuals and when posting to Xero only)
- Stock class
- Amount (total, per head, or per KG)
- Tax rate
You can also choose to enter notes or a description, or a non-stock line such as the cost of freight on your sale.
If adding in a non-stock line transaction, please note the below:
- Income must be entered as a positive number i.e. Bonus - +$1,000
- Expenses must be entered as a negative number i.e. Freight - -$1,000
Once the details have been filled out, you can click Save Transaction. This will then flow through to your tracker and reports.
NOTE: If you enter a wool sale, it will always create a matching wool increase so that you are never selling wool you did not first shear. You can delete the increase transaction if not needed.